DDD is an international social enterprise that builds bridges to opportunity in the global economy through socially responsible business process outsourcing. DDD was founded with the idea that the world's young people can produce their own solutions to socio-economic challenges in the global economy if they have access to knowledge, skills, and opportunity. DDD seeks talented ambitious professionals to help us grow our business and achieve our mission.
JOB TITLE: Software Developer
REPORTS TO: New Services Development Director
FUNCTION: New Service Development
LOCATION: Phnom Penh Head Office
The Software Developer will work to complete internal and external client project, including, but not limited to, database projects, automation projects, and the setup of new client work that requires in-depth technical expertise and/or research to find a technical solution. The Software Developer will work closely with Service Line Manager to ensure the work runs smoothly and client deadlines are met for the projects.
I. Principle Accountabilities
• Acts as Technical Lead on software projects for clients on all phases of the project including: presale, planning, requirements, design, implementation/coding, integration, test/debug, deployment, maintenance and support.
• Work closely with the Service Line Manager to propose technical solution to win client’s job.
• Leads turnover of tools to operations and ensure smooth transition of work.
• Troubleshoot developed and existing tools and applications.
• Opportunity to travel off-site when necessary for client work or training.
II. Knowledge, Skills & Experience
• Ability to solve complex problems on projects with difficult deadlines.
• Have strong relational and communicational skills.
• Ability to work with little supervision in start-up and/or social enterprise environment.
• Expertise in VBA, VB.NET, C#, ASP/ASP.NET, PHP, AJAX, jQuery, XML.
• Knowledge in Java, JSP, and XSL-FO/XSLT is a plus.
• Databases: MS SQL Server, MS Access, MySQL
• Knowledge in Unix/Linux and/or OSX is a plus.
• Experience with OOP, UML and MVC
• Experience with unit testing framework such as NUnit or JUnit
• Experience with any version control software, i.e., SVN, Git
• Experience using with any issue tracking software, and installing and configuring software.
• Experience in Drupal, YII, and Symfony (QDPM) PHP Frameworks is an advantage.
III. Key Success Factors
The long term success of DDD relies on the company's ability to attract, retain and develop a sufficient pool of local talent that possess the breath & depth of skills and knowledge to meet the business requirements.
IV. Working Relationships
Internal: Managing Director, all department heads
External: Government Authorities, Shareholders & Agencies
For interested applicant, please submit your resume to HR Department via email: